This is a very special post I am writing!
I have been nominated for The Mystery Blogger Award! My very first award of any sort from the blogging world! I am thrilled to bits! Smiling ear to ear and a song in my heart!
I got this nomination from Anshu from FirstTimeMommy. Thank you so much Anshu for nominating me for this. I met Anshu in the blog-o-sphere during the amazing A2Z challenge of April. She wrote an amazing story for her A2Z challenge.
This award is created by Okoto Enigma.
In Okoto’s words,
“It’s an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.”
There are some rules to this award. Here they are!
- Put the award logo image on your blog. List out the rules.
- Thank the person who nominated you and give a link to their blog.
- Make a mention of the creator of this award and give a link to that as well.
- Share 3 things about yourself.
- Nominate a few other bloggers for this award.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog posts.
- Ask 5 questions to your nominees. Include a funny/weird question too.
- Give links to your best post(s).
Now that I have completed the first 3 of the rules, here I am telling 3 things about myself.
- I like to paint. When I put my daughter to a painting class, I developed an interest for it. That has remained with me. I like acrylic paints. I am now very keen to try with water colours after seeing the paintings of Seema of Lonely Canopy.Here is one of my paintings:
- I am petrified of rats. If there is anything called a rat-o-phobia, then I have it. More than the rat, its long, scaly, hairy tail scares the s**t out of me. The smaller they are, the longer the tail is, and the more scary they are! Ewwww!!!!!
- When I was a child, two subjects were my favourites, Mathematics and History. No combination of subjects gave me these two together. I had to choose between the two, and I went with Mathematics. My love for history remains, and I really love to read about old things gone by.
Now I have to nominate a few other great bloggers for this award.
I can see from Anshu’s blog that she has nominated a bunch of people that I would have liked to nominate! 😀
I have met some really amazing bloggers in the course of my blogging journey of about 2 years. They continue to amaze and inspire me with their writing. These nominations from me are sort of my tribute to them for their great work.
- Namratha from NamySaysSo. She does great inspirational poetry that soothes the soul.
- Kalpana of KalpanaaWrites. Her A2Z challenge featured Delhi and its surroundings in a photo feature. I learnt so much about Delhi.
- Sayesha of SayeshaBlogspot. She is a veteran blogger whose sense of humour is on-point all the time. Her A2Z challenge on silly Bollywood songs had me laughing for a long time. Whenever I need to laugh, I head over to her blog and have a great time.
- Varadarajan of LERT. The man with a weird blog name has a great sense of story telling. I am always fascinated by his great ability to surprise the reader with his tales.
- Rajlakshmi from Destiny’s Child. I am in awe with her yoga skills and her zentangle artwork. In fact after seeing her zentangles, I attempted one myself, and now I love it.
Here are the set of questions that my nominees must answer:
- If you had a super power, what would it be?
- Any regrets in life?
- What is your inspiration to write?
- Brain or Brawn?
- There are so many mommy bloggers in the blog-o-sphere but so few daddy bloggers. Why do you think it is so? Don’t dads need to share stuff? Do you know any daddy blogger?
And now here are my answers to the questions that Anshu gave me:
- Do you believe in ghosts or supernatural? Have you seen one? (If the answer to the second question is yes, would like to know the details please? 😉 )No I don’t believe in ghosts. But I do believe in the higher super power that governs the entire universe and I believe that this God is always friendly and has our best interest at heart and He/She looks out for us all the time.
- Marriage or single. What would you prefer and why?Marriage, I suppose! :D. I am married for the past 20 years and now I am pretty much used to this state. It is full of responsibilities and kids and whole lot more responsibilities, leaving very little room for loneliness. When I lived and worked abroad before my marriage, loneliness was a big problem.
- Which is your favourite book and why?Ok. I am a big book person. Give me a book and I will be most happy. There are many books that I like. It will be an injustice if I give just one name. So here are a few that I really like. This is not the whole list, just a part of it.
– David Copperfield and Dombey and Son by Charles Dickens. They make me cry everytime I read them.
– Frederica and Grand Sophy by Georgette Heyer. I like this author a lot. I like almost all of her books, these two are my all time favs.
– The Code of Woosters and Laughing Gas by P.G.Wodehouse. These hilarious ones are just two of the many P.G.Wodehouses that I have read.
– Harry Potter series by J.K.Rowling. I read these books just to see what the hullabaloo was all about and I was hooked. I can re-read these books any number of times. Don’t like the movies at all.
- Which is that one place on this earth you would like to get lost in and not seen ever?Hmmm…….. You know, I don’t want to get lost. I would love to visit many many places, but the thought of getting lost there and being cut off from the rest of the world is not a pleasant thought.
- Would you like to start a fresh life? Why?No. Quite happy to be here. There have been many ups and downs so far and life has placed me here now. So, I am happy to be here.
The last task is to share my best blog so far. Here are few that I like: